The Fall 2020 Virtual Internship & Career Fair brings organizations to recruit undergraduate and graduate students from all majors and concentrations for unpaid and paid internships, and career-based employment opportunities in the arts and media industries.
This fair is open to all current Columbia College Chicago students and alumni. Resumes are required to meet with employers.
Attendance is strongly recommended, and Faculty will be aware of the dates and times in the event you have class during the fair.
Job Fair Prep Sessions
Attend prep sessions at the Career Center to polish up your resume, cover letter, portfolio/reel, interview skills, and job fair etiquette.
One-on-One Peer Advising
Resume and cover letter reviews are available every day by virtual appointments in Handshake.
Research Employers and Opportunities:
Search for employers and available opportunities under FAIRS in Handshake. Employers will be updated on a weekly basis and maps will be provided during the Fair.
1. Update your resume: remember that your resume should be clean, concise, and up to date. Visit the Career Center website for other resources and tools.
2. Have your Paperwork in order and test your internet and video connections: Have your resume and any other documents you may need uploaded and available on your computer desktop or laptop for easy access. Ensure that your Internet connection is functioning and that your audio/video is working properly if you will be video interviewing.
3. Create a calendar reminder: when you do not have to coordinator travel, a virtual event can slip your mind. Set calendar reminders for the day before and two hours before to keep track.
4. Dress Appropriately: recruiters will be able to see you through the interactive video platform
5. Send Thank you Notes: Send thank you emails to all employers that you made contact with and thank them for their time.
Practice your interview skills:
Prepare Your Introduction: Prepare an introduction about your education, skills, and future goals.
Practice interviewing with Big Interview.
Make an appointment with your Internship and Career Advisor or Creative Industry Liaison in Handshake, or by contacting the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 312-369-7280
Wednesday, October 7 at 12:00pm to 3:00pmVirtual Event