The 16th Annual New Media Conference at Columbia College Chicago will feature a who’s who of working professionals, with more than 25 panels and workshops.
Professionals working in Film, Television, Animation, Video Games, Journalism, Communications, Voiceover, Radio, Comedy, Podcasting, Audio, Music, Public Relations, Advertising, Music Business, Talent Management and many more fields will take the stage!
With an emphasis on career development and employability in the Arts, the conference is free to all Columbia College Chicago students and alumni, as well as all high school students who RSVP. In addition to access to the conference, those who RSVP by October 15 will receive a free lunch on the day of the event.
Confirmed guests, panelists and moderators include:
Sarah Rae Vargas, World-Renowned Fashion YouTube Star (with over 1 million YouTube subscribers)
Amy Guth, Executive Director of the Midwest Independent Film Festival
Maha Gorgi, Power 92 Midday Personality and Windy City Live Contributor
Elizabeth Matthews, Fox -TV News Reporter
Regina Waldroup, NBC-TV News Reporter
Gabe Ramirez, B96 Radio Producer/Host
Leor Galil, Chicago Reader Music Journalist
DJ Ca$h Era
Terri Hemmert, 93 WXRT Radio Personality
Miss Alex White, Musician and Founder of rock band White Mystery
Panels and workshops include:
• On-Air Success: How Do I Get There?
• Making Your Podcast or Blog Stand Out from the Pack
• Voiceover Techniques
• Programming a Successful High School and College Station
• Net Neutrality and Other FCC Updates You Need to Know
• Surviving a PR or Social Media Disaster
• Keynote: Becoming Employable in Your Industry
• The Art of Interviewing
• Booking Talent, Artist Management and Event Promotion
• How to Cover News, Sports and Entertainment Stories
• Pre-Production for Film (Knowing the Basics)
• Multi-Media Faculty Advisors Forum for High Schools & Colleges
• Turning Your “Side Hustle” Into a Career Option
• Developing Advertising and Marketing Ideas That Work
• Producing Independent Projects: Options for Big Ideas with Small Budgets
• Producing Powerful Film or Audio Documentaries
• How to License, Manage and Protect Your Creative Properties
• How to Image and Market Yourself as a Club DJ
• Carving Out a Career in Comedy is No Joke!
• Give Me A Beat! Beat Producing, Songwriting and Programming
• How to Start a Radio or Internet Station
• When Worlds Collide: Gaming, Voiceover and Animation
• Becoming a YouTube Sensation
• What it Takes to Become a Successful Audio Engineer, Composer or Producer
Guests, panels and workshops are still developing, so check back often for updates!
Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 8:30am to 5:15pm
33 E Congress, 5th Fl