Columbia College Chicago’s chapter of the Audio Engineering Society, along with Treblemonsters and Columbia’s Career Center, is proud to welcome Grammy-nominated producer, entrepreneur, author, CEO, and media host, Clinton Sparks.
Originally from Boston, he has been shaping and shifting the music culture for almost 20 years, working with artists such as Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Diddy, Eminem, Kayne West and Pitbull. His rise from entering the music business as a DJ to becoming a hit songwriter is one for the books. In fact, his own book, “How to Win Big in the Music Business,” details that journey about never giving up, and hustling to the next idea or task at hand.
In this conversation he will be discussing:
• Creating a winning formula to succeed
• How to successfully build and market a brand
• Tips on becoming an entrepreneur
• Advice for those looking to break into the music business
• How to balance a variety of different passions
• Staying focused and goal-driven as you climb the ladder to success
With a wide range of interests, passions and moxie, along with a slew of BMI songwriter awards, numerous ASCAP Music Awards, and personally being responsible for selling more than 75 million records, Clinton will share his knowledge with students and inspire them to reach for their dreams by not letting anything hold them back.
Tuesday, April 27 at 11:00am to 11:50amVirtual Event